Tuesday, June 30, 2015

#MandalasForWink

Yesterday, the crochet world was hit with the extremely sad news of Wink (a creative being) passing. Now, I read about this early in the morning and it absolutely broke me.  I didn't know Wink personally but I've followed her for a few years.  In the crochet community it's very easy to feel like you know someone based on interacting via social media.

As many of you know, I am bipolar and part of the illness is depression.  I fall into dark holes that are so deep, I can't see the light sometimes.  So this really hit home.  I wish I could've done something to help Wink. I wish that I could have held her hand to help her get to the light at the end of her dark tunnel.

Many in our crochet community are creating mandalas and using #mandalasforwink in her honor.

Last night I took a break from my project and used one of Wink's patterns and crocheted a mandala.  I gave my mandala to my mum this morning as my promise to her that I won't let the darkness take me.

It's hard sometimes to continue when you're a prisoner of your own brain, but I owe my life to my faith.  I'm not a traditional Christian by any means. I don't believe in organized religion but I have an unbreakable bond with God. Trust me, if I didn't have that, I wouldn't be here.

Please take a moment to cherish those you love because we never know what will happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment